How many other people are going to use this title today? I never claimed to be original.
Anyway, as a Brit I just wanted to clarify a few things.
- It doesn’t always rain in London so umbrellas are not carried around by everyone at all times
- We don’t all cross the road on zebra crossings all the time
- Our red buses do not turn in topiary versions of London
- Jimmy Page does indeed rock
- We have far better singers than Leona Lewis and we are sorry for inflicting her and her like on the world.
- Oh, and Boris Johnson rocks. (Thank God it was him, and not tosspot Ken Livingstone, who is the mayor of London now)
Thank God we seem to have sorted out which logo we are using now – this Union Jack version is soooooo much better than the unholy crapola that was the pink one. Yes, I may be changing my mind on the logo. Yes, I can change my mind if I want to.
Oh, another point.
- We do have other famous people than David Beckham
- As proved by our 19 Golds, we do have other sports in this country than football.
Actually the football thing in the Handover was kinda funny as our English football team is appallingly bad at the moment… but hopefully there will be a Team GB Football Team at London.
I am getting ridiculously excited about 2012, and really hope I get to volunteer at the event.